Details Of Maluti TVET College Application 2022
Application PROCESSS Maluti TVET College
To Apply, Contact any of our campuses below for specific Instructions.
|MALUTI TVET COLLEGE
Private Bag X870
Tel. 058 713 6100/087 941 3500
|MALUTI TVET COLLEGE
Private Bag X870
Tel. 058 303 1732/087 941 6837
Tel. 058 713 6100
Private Bag X40
Tel. 058 303 3377/087 941 6839
Private Bag X08
Tel. 058 713 1391/087 941 6827
Private Bag X07
Tel. 058 713 0296/087 941 6838
Cnr. Mampoi & Bolata Road
Private Bag X837
Tel. 058 713 1330/087 941 3588
Piet Retief Street
Private Bag X3009
Tel. 058 622 2785/087 941 3549
Private Bag X807
Tel. 058 713 0612/087 941 3587
|LERE LE TSHEPE CAMPUS
Private Bag X335
Tel .058 713 0031
Private Bag X827
Tel. 058 713 6064/ 087 941 6408
Maluti TVET College, a multi –site Technical Vocational Education and Training provider, is located in the North Eastern Free State with its Corporate Office in Bethlehem and Central Office in Phuthaditjhaba at foot hills of the majestic Maluti Mountains.
HISTORY OF THE COLLEGE
- Maluti Technical Vocational Education and Training College was established on the 1st of September 2002.
- Maluti TVET College is a Technical Vocational Education & Training Institution operating under the auspices of the Department of Higher Education and Training. The College is accredited by Umalusi and several Sector Education and Training Authorities (SETAs)
- Member of the Executive Council (MEC) for Free State Department of Education (FSDoE) merged the former Colleges of Education (Bonamelo, Sefikeng ) and Technical Colleges (Itemoheleng, Bethlehem, Kwetlisong and Lere la Tshepe) to form one Maluti Technical Vocational Education & Training College.
All in all the college has eight (8) campuses:
- Bethlehem @ Bethlehem
- Bonamelo @ Phuthaditjhaba
- Harrismith @ Harrismith
- Itemoheleng @ Phuthaditjhaba
- Kwetlisong @ Riverside
- Main (Campus) @ Phuthaditjhaba
- Lere la Tshepe @ Tseki Village
- Sefikeng @ Phuthaditjhaba
NATIONAL CERTIFICATE [VOCATIONAL]
What is National Certificate (Vocational)
National Certificate (Vocational) is a new qualification offered at levels 2, 3 and 4 of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). The National Certificate Vocational is designed to provide both the theory and practice. The practical component of study may be offered in a real workplace environment or in a simulated workplace environment.
It provides students with an opportunity to experience work situations during the period of study. The qualification also provides an opportunity to enter higher education studies [University or University of Technology]
- Each NCV programme has total of 7subjects per NQF level.
- 3 of these are called fundamentals subjects (compulsory).
- The fundamentals subjects are:
- Life Orientation
- Mathematics [Information Technology & Computer Science, Electrical Infrastructure Construction, Engineering & Related Design, Civil Engineering and Building Construction, Finance & Accounting]; or Mathematical Literacy.
- Other 4 subjects are called vocational subjects.
NC (V) PROGRAMMES OFFERED:
- ENGINEERING RELATED FIELD
- Information Technology Level 2
- Electrical Infrastructure Construction Level 2 -4
- Engineering and Related Design Level 2
- Civil Engineering and Building Construction Level 2 -4
- BUSINESS RELATED FIELD
- Marketing Level 2-4
- Finance, Economics and Accounting Level 2-4
- Office Administration Level 2-4
- Primary Agriculture Level 2-4
- SERVICE RELATED FIELD
- Education and Development Level 2-4
- Hospitality Level 2-4
- Primary Health Level 2-4
NC (V) PASS REQUIREMENTS:
WHAT ARE THE PASS REQUIREMENTS FOR NC (V) NQF LEVEL 2 – 4?
In order to progress to the next NQF Level students have to pass all SEVEN subjects. Once all 21 subjects have been passed successfully the NC (V) Qualification is obtained.
The pass requirement for the four vocational subjects is 50% per subject.
The pass requirement for fundamental subjects is as follows:
- Life Orientation 40%
- English 1st Additional Language 40%
- Mathematics/Mathematical Literacy 30%
Only one fundamental subject may be condoned for a maximum of 5%. No condonement for Vocational subjects. (T’s & C’s apply).
Should the student fail, he/she may be required to repeat the failed subject to obtain valid ICASS marks.
NC (V) POGRAMME ARTICULATIONS:
Students who graduate with an NC (V) Level 4 certificate may be eligible to study at Universities or University of Technology. However, student must meet NC (V) Level 4 statutory requirements (Council for General and Further Education and Training) for pass for higher certificate, diploma and /or bachelor’s degree. Student can also enter into the world of work or start their own businesses.
NATED [REPORT 191]
WHAT IS NATED [REPORT 191]
The National Technical Diploma (NATED)/Report 191 programmes, also known as alternative post-school programmes, are available in engineering, business and utility studies and is offered a full-time or part-time basis. All National Examination are conducted in June and November of each year.
For engineering studies trimester is enabling the successful student to accumulate three National qualifications during the course of one year. National Certificate N1-N3 engineering studies, this is the traditional apprentice career path to becoming an artisan. After completing N2, the apprentice will also be required to complete the institutional modular training. After successful completion and work-place experience the apprentice may apply for the Trade Test. After successfully completing the N6 course and a 24-month in-service training period spent in an environment relevant to the qualification the student can apply for the National Diploma in Engineering.
For business & utility studies the N6 certificate can be converted into a National Diploma once the student has acquired 18months relevant practical experience monitored at an approved place of employment. The pass requirements is a minimum of 40% per subject. Learners need to have 80% attendance to sit for the final examination.
NATED PROGRAMMES OFFERED:
- ENGINEERING STUDIES
- Electrical Engineering N1-N6
- Mechanical Engineering N1-N6
- Civil Engineering N1-N6
- BUSINESS STUDIES
- Business Management N4-N6
- Marketing Management N4-N6
- Management Assistant N4-N6
- Financial Management N4-N6
- Public Management N4-N6
- Human Resources Management N4-N6
- Educare N4 –N6
- UTILITY STUDIES
- Hospitality N4-N6
- Clothing Production N4-N6
- Art N4-N6