University of Pretoria Managed Loans
University managed loans
|Applications open||Applications close||Application website||Contact information|
|4 August of the year preceding studies||30 November
of the year preceding studies
|www.up.ac.za/feesfunding||UP Client Service Centre
Tel: +27 (0)12 420 3111
- The University manages various loan funds on behalf of various donors. Awarding of study loans is subject to registered students being financially needy.
- These study loans are primarily approved for the payment of tuition fees and will be administered accordingly.
- The loan amounts vary from R500 to R20 000 and are repayable at an interest rate of prime -1%. (Prime as on 1 January of the year in which the loan was issued.)
- Loan re-payment commences once the student completes the study programme. Interest is payable during the year in which the loan is granted.
- To be considered for a UP managed loan, applicants must provide two guarantors who comply with the conditions as determined by the University.
- UP managed loans are not guaranteed and are subject to availability of funds.