How do you check SRD status online using srd.sassa.gov.za?
The SASSA organization (srd.sassa.gov.za) has made it effortless for applicants to view their application status online. What you have to do is to,
- At the top of this page, enter your South African ID Number and the mobile number you entered while applying for the grant. (Your details are not saved; the details you enter above are used to look up your information from the official servers.)
- Then press the “Check Status” Button.
- The tab will reload with your status.
Now, easily scroll through the results and see your payday as well as the status of your application.
SASSA Status through Phone Call
If the Govt. website is down, or you don’t have access to the internet, you can also perform an SRD status check through a phone call.
I prefer this more over checking the status from SASSA’s official website.
Here is how to do it.
- Do the SASSA status check of the SRD online application by calling the toll-free number 0800601011 and get the exact R350 payment dates.
- Dial using the phone number that you used during the application process.
- Answer the fundamental identification question, which could be your date of birth, and you will be guided by an agent about your status afterward.
350 Status Check through the Moya App
You can also check SRD status without using data by installing free apps like Moya status app or GovChat.
Do note that installing these apps once would use your data, but once either is installed, you can check your application status without any data.
Here is how to do it
- You can use apps like Moya or GovChat
- These apps work similarly to the above form.
- You must provide both your Phone Number and Your SASSA reference ID number.
- Then, you will get your status.
Once your application is approved and you get a notification SMS confirmation, you can withdraw the amount. You can also change the bank account details of all applications submitted before March 2023. Do contact SASSA if you have any questions.
Check SRD Status through SMS
To check the status through SMS, follow the below two-step process
- Send an SMS to 32555 in the following format:
- STATUS <space> ID Number
You will get your status in a reply. Do note that it isn’t free, and the sending cost of the message will apply.
Offline Status Check through Offices
The South African government is aware of the situation of South African citizens. Those who are applying for this sustainability grant can’t afford the latest mobile phones and internet connections. For this reason, they can also check their status through any SASSA office.
Just go to any SASSA office near you, tell them your Application ID, and they will tell you your application status.
SASSA has multiple regional and local offices throughout South Africa. Even they have offices outside South Africa, such as in Lesotho and Zimbabwe.
See the complete list of offices, along with their landline numbers, emails, and Google Maps links.
- Branches operate during the weekdays, with varying opening times between 7:30 AM and 8:00 AM and closing times ranging from 4:30 PM to 5:00 PM.
- In cases where you are unable to personally visit an office due to illness, old age, or disability, it is permissible for a family member or friend to apply on your behalf or visit the branch on your behalf.
- These Offices also give you another facility to withdraw up to R500 at any time if you have that available in your balance. You can also get R180 emergency cash from any of these offices.
Contact Details in case of any issues or fraud